Rest Area: 5 - A story and a poem for you!

Wherever you are in your journey...
                   Everybody is welcome here.

Hop on the bus for a READ ALOUD about the ocean and a poem.

“To travel is to live.”
― Hans Christian Andersen 

Today please cut and paste these four flags on the back of your map pages. Remember this atlas and dictionary is a keepsake you're making for your family - double check each map and scroll below to ensure it is your BEST work.
  • Minnesota
  • Michigan
  • Massachusetts
  • West Virginia
Here's the poem I read today, feel free to practice it, memorize it or read it to a family member (or pet!)

It is SO STILL

It is so still, so still tonight, 
there is no sound at all, 
no tapping on the windowpane, 
no footsteps in the hall.
No barking dog, or screeching cat, 
no mouse beneath my bed, 
no rustle of a windy leaf, 
no raindrops overhead.

I lie beneath my covers
with my pillow to my ear, 
and my breathing and my heartbeat
are the only sounds I hear.
              by Jack Prelutsky


Take your time, it doesn't matter if you're on Day 6 or Day 14 - it's a REST AREA!